Tuesday, July 20, 2004

 

Killbear Provincial Park, July 16 to 18, 2004

I had a blast this past weekend!
We went camping in Killbear Provincial Park on Georgian Bay near Parry Sound. There are lots of rattlesnakes in Killbear park, and of course, my people were quite worried about me coming across a rattlesnake. I told them not to worry and that I'd keep an eye out for them, but of course, they worry anyway.
As it happened, I saw no rattlesnakes.




We spent most of each day in the water - it's funny watching the people in the water, they think it's so cold! We even jumped off some high rocks into the Bay - I was jumping off a rock that was about 6 feet above the water. I could tell that lots of people were quite surprised (and impressed) to see a dog jumping off rocks with their kids.
There is a great beach at Killbear where I was able to run around off leash with the other dogs. It was fun for a while, but I mostly stayed with my people, because that was more fun. We swam and played fetch and catch and lay in the sunshine.

The trails at Killbear were not very exciting, and I wasn't allowed to be off the leash because of the rattlesnakes.
We did find one trail where we climbed down the rocks to the Bay, and that was cool, because I got to go swimming in there too. I like rock climbing!

I was very tired and sore when we got home on sunday night - but after some rest and some aspirin (and some liver treats) I'm good as new again.




That's all for now,
E.W.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?