Monday, July 05, 2004

 

July 5, 2004

This weekend, my Grandma and Craig and Sunny came up - we all had a great time, Sunny sat in my little pool with me, and we played around a lot. Our people were really busy working in the house, so we didn't get to have many adventures, but I had fun with Sunny - I miss her a lot when she goes. Grandma says Sunny misses me too. This is a picture of us together at Grandma's house:



Today we had a great time! It was a vacation day for my people, so we went hiking at Hilton Falls conservation area. This is a beautiful area, with a fabulous waterfall, and lots of trails and caves to check out. We walked for about 6km today, thinking it would rain on us the whole time, but we finished the walk with no rain.
Click here to read about Hilton Falls
This is me at the falls:



This is a great spot to visit, and we had a great time. Lucky for me, I don't have to stay on leash for the whole hike. We all have a better time when I'm off leash. Don and Sonia say I'm better behaved when I'm off leash, but that's just because they don't walk as fast as I do! I'm always careful on the trails though, I pay attention to when they need me to come back or stop. Hiking is one of my favourite things - I've been doing it since I was a young pup. (4 months old!) They say that some people have a problem with dogs being off leash. I have to disagree with them - I'm a very careful dog - and usually I leave people alone (unless they happen to have pockets full of carrots!) I think it's great when we meet other dogs off leash, and we can play and wrestle. I stick close to my people, and they are always picking up after me - I do get a kick out of that :)

I'd like to ask all those people out there to have a little faith in us dogs - we're not all terrible. If you get to know us, you might even like some of us. I'll watch out for you on the trails, if you watch out for me.

Over and out,
E.Dog

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?